Helping Children & Teens to Thrive
Raising children and teens comes with complicated challenges. You may find that you are struggling to help your child to make good decisions or to a have healthy influence as your child/ adolescent begins to navigate the world. Providing children with the skills to cope with stressors in healthy ways and make sound decisions, while also nurturing a loving and accepting atmosphere at home helps your child or teen to feel empowered through developmental milestones.
Whether you are worried about how they are coping, dealing with a major transition, or you want to ensure they have healthy strategies in place as they grow and develop, therapy can help your child/teen to become more resilient and confident.
You may be concerned about how your child is coping through your separation or divorce, or perhaps there has been a drop in grades or performance that has caused you concern, or maybe it has just felt like a battlefield at home and you are worried about how your child or teen has been coping with stress, anxiety, or depression. A caring and supportive therapist who is trained in helping children, adolescents, and families to move forward in a healthy way can provide the right support to manage this difficult time.
How does is work?
Jennifer combines her knowledge of helping children/ teens cope with difficult transitions, anxiety, and depression with her extensive training in helping couples, to provide families with the guidance and expertise they need to move through diverse challenges.
Services are designed to help you feel empowered as a parent and to help you create an atmosphere where your child can feel loved, connected, and strengthened within the family system. Our goal is to help strengthen your bond and to help your child or teen to move forward with the right support to develop healthy coping skills, resilience and confidence.
Building Resilience and Confidence
Therapy will focus strongly on these two areas so that the process of therapy can have a lasting impact. We will work collaboratively with caregivers and child to help you determine the best way of dealing with common challenges faced at your child’s developmental stage and create a plan that is maintainable and effective. You can expect customized treatment that includes meeting with both child/ adolescent and caregivers separately and together
Child/ teen counseling can help you to:
- Set effective boundaries with your children
- Be supportive of your teen so they feel they can trust you
- Strengthen your parenting skills
- Support your child while they learn healthy coping to deal with anxiety or depression
- Heal and repair from a difficult experience with your child
We help your child/ teen to:
- Develop healthy coping skills
- Feel supported and encouraged through childhood/teen stressors
- Increase resilience and confidence
- Address common challenges facing children and teens in a healthy/ constructive way
- Feel supported and encouraged as they transition into the next stage of development
- Improve their ability to connect and relate to others
- Address symptoms of anxiety/ depression
- Maintain progress through healthy and sustainable outlets outside of the home
Together, we will work to support your family so that your children helping your family to deal with the present issues at hand and to help your child and adolescent to thrive is one of the greatest gifts you can give as a parent.while also strengthening the family’s ability to support and guide the child or teen in a constructive way. We will assess your particular parenting difficulties, help to strengthen your child’s coping skills, and provide a comforting safe space to explore parenting and developmental concerns so that you feel supported throughout the process.