Family Therapy in NYC
Family therapy is designed to strengthen relationships between family members, provide clarity, and improve family members’ ability to address concerns from a more constructive and empowered stance.
Modern MFT specializes in dealing with family concerns impacting aging parents, adult siblings, and evolving parent/ adult child relationship dynamics.
Family therapy can help you to:
- Address the changing roles and responsibilities between family members
- Address adult sibling relationship issues
- Improve members’ ability to discuss long standing relationship conflict
- Improve intergenerational trauma and problematic patterns
- Feel support in the launching phase with young adults
- Deal with the impact of estrangement
- Handle a life stressor such as a mental or physical illness, addiction, injury or infertility
- Improve relationships in the context of family business partnerships