Dating + Healthy Relationships
“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.“ -James Baldwin
In NYC, dating and navigating intimate relationships can be especially tough. In this fast-paced, swipe left/right/hookup dating culture, it can be difficult to find and sustain meaningful connection. It might even feel difficult to make decisions that are in keeping with what you truly desire.
The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our relationships
We all want to cultivate intimate relationships in which we feel appreciated, happy, desired, connected, and fulfilled. Dating can be difficult for a variety of reasons. When confronted with rejection, vulnerabilities, or feeling excited only to be quickly let down— it can sometimes feel like an upside down roller coaster that never ends.
It’s inevitable that you’ll feel a range of emotions throughout the dating process which can impact your ability to make choices that are congruent with your priorities and values.
Therapy for dating/ relationships can help you to:
- Notice and understand significant patterns
- Increase your confidence and self-awareness
- Feel supported throughout the process
- Clarify your values when it comes to dating and relationships
- Identify underlying needs that inform problematic interactions
- Take action toward pursuing the kind of relationships that feel most satisfying to you