Individual Therapy in NYC
The Goal + Process…
Our approach to therapy emphasizes helping our clients to make powerful, life-enhancing choices. In a safe and nurturing environment, we’ll explore patterns of avoidance, anxiety and general areas of struggle with the end goal of helping you to achieve greater personal fulfillment and a lasting sense of well-being.
We specialize in providing high-quality, personalized psychotherapy services and work with people from all backgrounds and ages. We believe strongly that therapy can provide a person with valuable insight and healing to help them grow and develop as a person and move forward in their lives in a healthy, connected, and adaptable way.
When we say ‘high-quality’, we mean that we take the time to get to know you and understand how you came to be the person that you are today. We collaborate with other providers involved as necessary in an effort to bring you the most effective and meaningful progress through therapy. We are committed to helping you heal and grow from a holistic perspective.
Individual Therapy Can Help You To:
- Learn new ways to cope with difficult or stressful life events
- Improve your relationships
- Develop + maintain healthy boundaries
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Define more clearly your values + identity
- Feel supported + encouraged through a major life transition
- Effectively manage anxiety so you can enjoy life more
- Address symptoms of depression from a holistic perspective
- Date with more intention and confidence
- Build resilience
- Learn new ways to deal with anger constructively
- Manage triggers with deeper self-awareness
- Heal past hurts
Psychotherapy is an act of self-love.
The areas of practice listed here offer some examples of the reasons you might be interested in seeking therapy, however, the list is not exhaustive; it’s meant to represent some of the most common reasons that individuals might reach out to start therapy at Modern MFT. We are deeply invested in the success of the clients we serve and work collaboratively to help them achieve their personal goals.
To get started, please feel free to contact us for a 15-minute phone call. This helps us to understand if this is the best fit for you. We are happy to provide you with referrals should a different approach or setting be more appropriate.
We look forward to hearing from you!