Individual Therapy in NYC
The Goal + Process…
My approach to therapy emphasizes helping my clients to make powerful, life-enhancing choices. In a safe and nurturing environment, we’ll explore patterns of avoidance, anxiety and general areas of struggle with the end goal of helping you to achieve greater personal fulfillment and a lasting sense of well-being.
I have been practicing in NYC since 2014, and I deeply enjoy my work. I believe strongly that therapy can provide a person with valuable insight and healing to help them grow and develop as a person and move forward in their lives in a healthy, connected, and adaptable way.
I believe therapy is most effective when it honors your unique process. While therapy can be both challenging and exciting, we will work at a pace that you feel comfortable with and that works well for what you are hoping to achieve through therapy. I take the time to get to know you and understand how you came to be the person that you are today. I collaborate with other providers involved as necessary in an effort to bring you the most effective and meaningful progress through therapy. I am committed to helping you heal and grow from a holistic perspective.
Individual Therapy Can Help You To:
- Learn new ways to cope with difficult or stressful life events
- Improve your relationships
- Develop + maintain healthy boundaries
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Define more clearly your values + identity
- Feel supported + encouraged through a major life transition
- Effectively manage anxiety so you can enjoy life more
- Address symptoms of depression from a holistic perspective
- Date with more intention and confidence
- Build resilience
- Learn new ways to deal with anger constructively
- Manage triggers with deeper self-awareness
- Heal past hurts
Psychotherapy is an act of self-love.
The areas of practice listed here offer some examples of the reasons you might be interested in seeking therapy, however, the list is not exhaustive; it’s meant to represent some of the most common reasons that individuals might reach out to start therapy at Modern MFT. I am deeply invested in the success of the clients I serve and work collaboratively to help them achieve their personal goals.
To get started, please feel free to contact me for a free 15-minute phone call. This helps you find the best fit. I am happy to provide you with referrals should a different approach or setting be more appropriate.
I look forward to hearing from you!