MAP for Couples (2.5 day)
I want to help you and your partner feel truly seen and heard by each other and experience a more loving intimate relationship, so you can deeply enjoy your precious time together.
That’s why I created this tailored, two-and-a-half day couples therapy experience– just for committed couples who want to strengthen their sense of connection while addressing significant roadblocks.
What we do together is different for every couple, but perhaps…
- You long for a relationship that allows you to be fully who you are…
- You want to maintain a sense of freedom and wonder, while also feeling emotionally grounded and connected…
- You feel distant in your relationship…
- Your bond was damaged, and you want so much to return to a lighter, easier, more fulfilling connection…
- You’re going through, or have gone through, a major life transition together and need to re-establish your connection…
- Your feelings of affection and desire are hitting a lull…
- You’re ready to nurture a more satisfying connection…
- You need clarity on how to get where you want to go…
This is a special opportunity to immerse yourselves in each other’s inner worlds and address conflicts from a constructive, supportive, and hopeful stance.
The Modern Accelerated Program for Couples is designed to help partners:
- Clarify what needs to shift
- Create the critical space necessary to really hear and understand each other
- And set achievable goals for the future so that you can start feeling more connected and hopeful in your relationship.
I have helped many couples through a range of challenging relationship problems, and I am confident that I can help you too.
How does this work?
Together, we’ll have a series of intimate conversations.
We will forget about time for a little while and focus solely on you and your relationship—what you’re experiencing in connection to your partner.
We will take a closer look at your dream for your relationship and we’ll work together so it feels right. This is the value of the space and guidance I provide for you in the Modern Accelerated Program for Couples.
Meeting over the course of two and a half consecutive days (as opposed to hourly appointments over several months), we are able to work without interruption for a longer period of time and collaborate to identify and address the underlying needs that require careful attention. As a result, we are often able to make substantial progress by addressing concerns in a more direct, efficient way which helps to bring relief more quickly.
Essentially, we provide you with a “map” to navigate gridlocked issues, underlying problem dynamics, and other challenges that can commonly occur in long-term relationships.
I have found that it’s often the couples who have already been in either individual therapy or couples therapy who benefit most from the accelerated program. But, if you’re open and motivated to make positive changes in your relationship, the conditions are right to make real progress and cover A LOT of ground.
Some outcomes you may want to focus on during your Modern Accelerated Program weekend:
- Clarify your short term and long term goals for your relationship
- Define your ideal relationship vision
- Make amends regarding a difficult experience and pave a new path forward
- Learn how to tackle gridlocked issues once and for all
- Deepen your understanding of what hurts your partner and how to respond differently
- Learn the art of compromise as is relates to the health of your relationship and managing conflict
- Understand the root causes of your communication problems
- Understand your unique cycle of interaction and how to transform problematic patterns
- Improve your physical intimacy and your ability to talk about sex/ affection more openly and more frequently
- Learn how to be a more emotionally responsive partner
- Learn how to effectively communicate about outside stressors and support each other in difficult times
- Identify and interrupt troubling intergenerational patterns
- Strengthen your partnership and plan for the major changes inherent in life transitions, such as becoming a parent
Why work with me? Because healing relationships is what I do.
Since 2009, I have been exploring different techniques, methods, and interventions in couples therapy. I have completed advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT couples therapy), Parent Management Training, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Gottman therapy, and have trained with some of the most respected leaders in the field, including Esther Perel, Suzanne Iasenza, and senior EFT faculty. This diverse training, along with my extensive clinical experience, has allowed me to develop my own unique way of working, one that acknowledges that there is no one-size-fits-all method.
I will bring positive energy, a deep curiosity, and enthusiasm to our sessions together.
I ask my clients to bring their own curiosity, patience, and willingness to look inward and understand how they contribute to their own dynamics. That’s what it takes to find success in therapy, and to maintain a relationship that adds significant joy to your life.
I am deeply passionate about this work for its ability to impact not only the individuals I meet with, but also because the work itself has the capacity to positively shift all of their relationships: with friends, family members, and colleagues. Each person is part of an extensive network of connections that influence each other. When children are born into a loving environment where their caregivers are receptive, attuned, and relaxed, that entire family system is positively impacted. This conceptualization motivates me to do my absolute best.
Are you ready to open a new chapter in your relationship?
This is for you if…
- You want to deepen your physical/emotional connection
- You want to improve communication
- You want to heal past hurts or re-establish a meaningful path forward together
- You’ve experienced long-standing blocks in your dynamic
- You need to heal and move forward from a trust rupture
- You have to navigate a stressful life transition together
This may not be for you if…
- You are seriously considering divorce and have already began the process/ currently in custody dispute
- There is serious violence in your relationship, threats by one or both partners that serious violence might occur, or fear of such serious violence on the part of one or both partners*
- Either partner has been recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, recurrent psychotic depression, or bipolar/ manic-depressive illness and is in the process of securing treatment. This does not include past, successfully treated psychotic episodes (e.g. postpartum depression with psychosis).
- There is active alcohol and/or drug addiction on the part of either or both partners, from either partner’s perspective*
- There is an undisclosed, current affair that you are not willing to disclose
- Either partner is currently experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, or has a history of serious harm inflicted on him/herself or another person*
Please have at least two possible weekend dates in mind. This program takes place Saturday-Monday (2.5 days) and is only held in person in New York City. Due to its intensive nature, this program is only offered once per month.
Download our FREE Relationships Guide!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and download our free guide,