Moving Through Change With Support + Guidance
Navigating the launching phase/ empty nest can pose a difficult set of challenges not only for emerging adults and their parent(s), but for the entire family system as a whole.
It can be frightening, frustrating, and confusing to be faced with a series of important decisions or significant changes to the family dynamics that you feel ill-equipped to handle together.
Life transitions and changing roles are inherently stressful…
Changing roles and responsibilities along with the new heightened demands on young adults can lead parents/ caregivers to feel strained and unsure of how to maintain a sense of peace and togetherness while also nurturing a sense of independence and confidence in their children.
Therapy for changing family roles can help you to:
- Feel heard and supported during this challenging life transition
- Consider roles and responsibilities in the context of the entire family system
- Develop more effective ways to communicate and handle difficult topics of conversation
- Increase a feeling of being heard and seen in your family
- Understand and transform problematic interactions
- Repair fractured relationships