Targeted Support on Recurring Relationship Conflict
The Modern Accelerated Program for Couples (90-minute psychoeducational consult) allows you to explore and address your most pressing relationship concerns. You’ll receive feedback and recommendations specifically related to your areas of struggle so that you can move forward.
This program is ideal if you find yourself in a frustrating place with your partner(s). Perhaps you’re considering therapy and you’d like to get a better sense of how it feels. Or, perhaps you’re ready to get started, but aren’t able to commit to a weekly schedule. Either way, you recognize that leaving the issues unaddressed is not an option.
MAP 90-minute session can help you gain the clarity you need to move forward in a healthy and constructive way.
Areas of Focus
Every partner, at some point, can greatly benefit from an experienced relational therapist. Even “happy partners.” We all experience challenges at some point during long-term relationships.
This program is best for partners in need of guidance and support on one of these topics:
- Communication issues
- Intimacy building
- Life transition management
- Improving sex/affection
- Rebuilding trust
Together, we will focus on understanding the issue(s) you are experiencing and then work to put a plan in place to help you achieve the desired outcome.
Our session will focus on gaining a deeper understanding for your chosen topic, taking into account the context and specifics of your relationship.
This consultation will give you tailored feedback, as well as recommendations for how to continue to improve. It’s education you can use for a lifetime.
Who this is for:
- Partners committed to growing with each other
- Partners open to trying new ways of communication
- Partners who feel stuck and can’t seem to move forward
- Partners who are dealing with a major life transition
- Partners looking for clarity and direction to help them gracefully navigate occasional periods of stress
- Partners who are curious about relationship therapy but aren’t quite sure if they’d like to pursue it
- Partners who have already been through relationship therapy and would like a ‘refresher’ in one particular area
This might not be the best fit at this time if:
- You are seriously considering divorce and have already began the process/ currently in custody dispute
- There is serious violence in your relationship, threats by one or both partners that serious violence might occur, or fear of such serious violence on the part of one or both partners
- Either partner has been recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, recurrent psychotic depression, or bipolar/ manic-depressive illness and is in the process of securing treatment (This does not include past, successfully treated psychotic episodes, e.g. postpartum depression with psychosis.)
- There is active, untreated alcohol and/or drug addiction on the part of either or both partners, from either partner’s perspective
- There is an undisclosed, current affair that you are not willing to disclose (partner work may be premature, individual therapy may be a better option)
- Either partner is currently experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, or has a history of serious harm inflicted on him/herself or another person
Sometimes couples therapy or this type of relational work in general can be a bit premature depending on the situation. You may find that you or your partner(s) need to focus on addressing important individual issues first in order to make the time in relational work with a partner most meaningful, productive, and worthwhile.
What you can expect:
This brief program offers clarity, important insights, and personalized guidance to help you and your partner(s) assess your present relationship needs and create a thoughtful plan for the future. Additionally, it is designed to offer you and your partner(s) a comforting space so that you can both feel seen and heard.
Most importantly, you’ll receive the help you need to address your pressing relationship concerns along with professional guidance to help you begin to understand what changes to make to improve a sense of satisfaction.
The session will also provide you with important information to continue improving your relationship. In a safe space, we’ll review the overall quality of your relationship to see how you’ve been feeling in all areas of your connection.
Preparing for your session
Firstly, is recommended to book this session at least one-two weeks in advance so that you can arrange your schedule and be fully present.
In order to maximize your time in session and receive the most benefit, you will be asked to complete a detailed questionnaire prior to our meeting. This will help me to prepare customized resources and gain a better understanding of what you hope to achieve.
I recommend that you allow yourself at least 30 minutes on either side of your session so that you are not rushing to or from your appointment. This will help you to honor your time in our session.
The final 15 minutes of our session will focus on personalized feedback and specific recommendations so that you leave with a clear sense of helpful next steps.
A tailored approach
Since 2009, I have been exploring different techniques, methods, and interventions in relationship therapy. I deeply enjoy my work as a therapist and bring warmth, optimism, and positive energy to my sessions.
As an experienced clinician, I completed advanced training in Emotionally-Focused Therapy, Parent-Management Training, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, the Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. In addition, I have also trained with some of the most respected leaders in the field of relationship health. Presently, I am also a clinical supervisor in Marriage and Family Therapy where I provide training and guidance to new therapists.
My skills, knowledge, and experience have allowed me to develop my own unique way of working, one that acknowledges that there is no one-size-fits-all method. You can expect our session to feel interesting and substantial as you gain insight and learn new skills.
Consult fee: $600
Depending on your needs and specific situation, we may be able to resolve the issue. However, we may find it’s a larger issue that could benefit from a few more sessions, or ongoing therapy work. I will give you my recommendation for how best to heal and/or strengthen your relationship.
You will leave with resources, increased clarity, and a sense of the direction you’d like to go in the near future. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Download our FREE Relationships Guide!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and download our free guide,